Yaounde Business School offers a rapidly growing catalogue of higher national diplomas programmes at undergraduate and post graduate levels, as well as credited and certificate courses in a wide range of problem-focused specializations. Each specialisation degree programme or course is implemented at out campus at Obili.
For each specialty, students are expected to take common courses and specialty courses are designed by the Ministry of Higher Education. Each course is examined through continuous assessment (Assignments, test, project..) not exceeding 45% of total mark and end of semester exams.
This program has as objectives to train accounting technicians capable of providing assistance to:
- The accountant in the collection and processing of information towards the preparation of final accounts for internal and external purpose
- The management with costs and decision making information
- The management with audit evidence and supervisory services during internal audit activities
- The accountant/auditor information and evidence which will lead to the auditor verifying and forming an opinion
- The accountant and management in writing out taxation matters
Holders of an HND in Accountancy can serve as
- Account/financial clerks in both financial and non-financial enterprises,
Stock managers and controllers
- Account relation officers in Banks and in Micro financial institutions
- Loan officers in Banks in and in Micro financial institutions
- Assistance to the operations officers in enterprises
- Cashiers in both financial and non-financial enterprises
- Tax declaring assistance
- Financial agents in Insurance companies
- Teaching accounting subjects in secondary schools.